BRITE is coordinating with Federal and State agencies to ensure the health and safety of our riders and employees. BRITE is closely monitoring news about the COVID-19 virus.
BRITE has augmented our daily bus cleaning practices with additional disinfection regimens, focusing on high-traffic areas like handrails, seats, fare boxes, and windows. Drivers also have extra disinfecting wipes to wipe down these frequent contact areas during the day.
BRITE is following all State and Federal guidelines as they become available and will take additional steps should protocols change.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offer the following preventative steps for the coronavirus:
- Stay home if you are sick;
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick; and
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash hands.