BRITE’s Tips To Stay Safe When On The Go.
Riding the bus is an efficient and economical way to get where you need to go. Our drivers and customer support team provide safe travel and help navigating to your final destination. Keep these guidelines in mind to stay safe when riding with BRITE:
We Don’t Stop Traffic: BRITE buses do not stop traffic while loading and unloading. Wait for the bus at the designated stop and look both ways before crossing the street.
We Have Rules When Standing:
- Stand behind the white line
- Do not stand on the stairs while the bus is in motion
- Maintain a firm grip on the standee bar as sudden stops are possible
We Secure Mobility Devices: All our buses are equipped with lifts and ramps to transport your mobility device onto the bus. Each driver is trained and required to secure these devices prior to travel.
We Need Space To Turn Around: BRITE buses do not travel on unpaved, dead-end roads or constrained streets where there is inadequate room to turn around safely.
We Are On Our Way: BRITE buses follow all traffic patterns so delays sometimes occur when traffic is heavy. Allow a few minutes for delays in scheduled arrival times.
We Require Exact Change: Drivers do not carry change so have exact change prior to getting on the bus. You can check your route and review your fare ahead of time.
Check Your Stop For Call Ahead Service: Some stops require a call ahead to ensure service to their location. Give us a call and we will add you to the route!
You Can Bring Your Bike: Each BRITE bus is equipped with a bike rack on the front of the bus. Secure your bicycle prior to boarding.
Our Rules Keep All Passengers Comfortable.
We have a specific list of what is and is not allowed on our bus. These rules are designed to keep our passengers comfortable and our buses clean. We respect our passengers and expect them to respect each other and our rules and regulations:
- Smoking, profanity, eating and drinking, or food in open containers are prohibited on buses. Violators will be asked to exit the bus.
- NO animals, except service animals, permitted on buses.
- NO standing in front of white or yellow line or in stairwells.
- Shirts and shoes are required for all passengers.
- Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not observing regulations or whose behavior is hazardous to passengers or vehicular safety.
- Drivers have a choice to wear protective gloves when handling a mobility device for their safety and for the safety of the passenger.
- Carry-on items (groceries, laundry, packages, etc.) are limited to what passengers can bring on and take off the bus by themselves in one trip.
- When using cell phones, please be considerate. Speak quietly when conversing with other passengers or when using a cell phone.
- Headphones are required for portable music and gaming devices.
Lost Something On The Bus?
Contact us if you think you may have left an item on one of our buses.